System Infrastructure Engineer
Datatrics is looking for a System Engineer with experience in the design, build, implementation and maintenance of scalable System Infrastructure and Core Business Solutions in the cloud.
In this role you will be required to drive constant innovation and steer the IT Services Infrastructure team across technical challenges, develop solutions that provide efficiency in daily operations, standardize configurations across the enterprise, support, maintain and develop complex technical solutions.
- Design, develop and implement solutions that improve the stability, scalability, availability and latency of core IT Infrastructure services.
- Combine your knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to support and maintain a world-class infrastructure and to enable our continued growth.
- Facilitate technical discussions and decision making in order to ensure reliability, continuity, scalability and performance of our global systems.
- Proactively monitor, configure and maintain the existing systems and identify possibilities for improvement.
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents.
- Install, upgrade, administer and support new systems and new functionalities to meet business growth and changing business requirements.
- Act as an escalation point of contact for the IT Services teams to help resolve more complex issues that arise;
- Interface with other departments and work with system users to define their needs, identify problems, evaluate potential solutions, and demonstrate, install and implement improvements.
- Be capable of working pro-actively and independently in carrying out your day-to-day role, with limited need for supervision.
- Solid understanding of systems architectural design in a large distributed environment.
- Good understanding of IT Security principles, including certificates, network and server security.
- Strong problem solving skills and creative. Not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.
- You are customer focused and a team player.
Exposure to the following is an advantage
- Experience managing virtualized environments
- Experience configuring and managing Load Balancers
- Experience with Linux based servers
- Knowledge of Agile methodology key aspects and ability to work in an agile context.
Are you ready for a challenge? Apply now!
Please contact us with your information and we will get back to you as soon as possible.